The main village areas of Akakura Kanko and Akakura Onsen sit along the base of the resort and offer an array of cozy accommodations, delicious food & drinks, and of course karaoke for the aspiring singer. The first thing you notice is the friendliness of the locals. Whether giving you directions or helping you with your choice of the local cuisine, you will always be surrounded by happy faces.
The Myoko DifferenceWith so many amazing ski resorts to choose from, why visit Myoko?
- Average of 14m per season.
- Myoko receives one of the largest annual snowfalls on Japan’s main island – Honshu.
- Sunny days mixed with snowy ones.
- A typical week will include a big dump of snow and also some sun.
- The resort has a rich history.
- A visit will include a cultural experience, as well as great skiing.
- Fun for children.
- Mild temperatures and our snowsports programs make for a perfect family destination.
Ease of Access
- 2.5 hrs travel time from Tokyo.
- Choose to travel by the Shinkansen (bullet train) or bus transfer.
Amount of Terrain
- Up to 8 resort areas to ride.
- With all the resorts to explore there are endless terrain options.