Learn how to ride a K2 snow bike and explore the fun and exciting trails around Akakura under the guidance of a Myoko Snowsports snow bike instructor. This fun snow sports activity gets you sliding down the slopes in no time!
Include in all Snow Bike sessions.
Your own K2 Snow Bike to use.
Book with 2 to 4 friends or family members.
Complimentary helmet use.
Instruction on turning techniques and fun tricks to try.
No prior experience required.
Safety briefing for lift riding, slowing and stopping.
Times & Prices
|1:30pm or 2:45pm||1.25 hrs|
* Minimum of 2, maximum of 4 participants per session.
Info For You
All snow bike sessions meet 5 minutes before the published start time by the blue flag at the on-snow meeting area at the base of the Champion #1 chairlift in Akakura Resort.
If it is your first time:
– Your snow bike instructor will firstly go through a safety briefing with you including how to ride the chairlift and how to slow down and stop.
– You will then go up the Champion #1 chairlift. At the top you will start sliding down the run and get a feel for the balance, slowing and stopping.
– There are a couple of different turning techniques. Your instructor will show you how to do both. It usually takes a couple of runs to get the hang of turning.
– Over the session you can expect to do a few laps of the Champion #1 chair. If you are confident and progressing quickly your instructor may take you on a trail through the trees and show you how to do some tricks.
If you have done Snow Bikes before:
– Pleas ensure you have a combined Akakura Kanko/Onsen lift ticket.
– Your snow bike instructor will guide you around more trails throughout the combined resort areas.
– They will coach you to develop more advanced turning skills, control at speed, and tricks.
A valid Akakura Kanko lift pass is required for all participants. Lift tickets are not automatically included in the session cost, but are available for discounted purchase from Myoko Snowsports as an add-on to your session.
Yes helmets are required for all participants. You are welcome to use your own ski/snowboard helmet. If you don’t have your own please let us know at the time of making your reservation and we will provide them complimentary.
The minimum age is generally 12 years old. All participants must be able to lift their snow bike on/off the chairlift.
There is a minimum of 2, and a maximum of 4 participants per snow bike session.
Yes. All our instructors speak either native or fluent English and all programs are run in English. We have a large number of instructors from around the world, as well as from Japan.
If you have a request for a private lesson in another language (French, German, Dutch, Swedish) please check with us for availability.
If you are interested in lesson programs run in Japanese please let our reservations team know and they can recommend another local Japanese snowsports school to you.
We recommend booking well-prior to your arrival to ensure availability, particularly from early January to mid-February. Please contact our team at email@example.com if you have any questions.