– Complimentary pick-up from your accommodation for equipment fitting.
– Equipment pick-up available on the afternoon of your arrival at no extra charge.
– One complimentary swap of equipment of similar type during your stay.
– Expert advice on the most suitable equipment, and best fitting boots.
– Complimentary overnight Valet service for skis, poles & snowboards.
– 2 shop locations in Akakura: one in the central village and one ski in/out at the lifts.
INFO FOR YOU
What time and where do I collect my equipment?
Equipment is available for fitting and collection from our Village Shop in Akakura Onsen village. Please see our Contact Us page for our address and a Village Map with our location.
Our Village Shop is open daily from 8am to 6pm.
You are welcome to pick up your equipment on the afternoon of your arrival from 2pm to 5:30pm (no additional charge).
Can you pick me up from my accommodation to come to your shop for equipment collection?
Yes. We would be glad to pick you up from your Myoko accommodation and bring you to & from our Village Shop for your equipment fitting. This service must be arranged prior to your arrival. Our reservations team will confirm a pick-up time/date with you at the time you make your reservation.
Can you pick me up to return my equipment, or can you collect my equipment from my accommodation?
Please return your equipment in-person at either our Champion Shop (located at the base of the Champion #1 chairlift in Akakura) or at our Village Shop (in Akakura Onsen village). Unfortunately we cannot collect you or your equipment from your accommodation when returning.
How does you valet service work?
We are glad to offer a complimentary overnight valet service for skis, poles and snowboards rented from us.
– When you rent your equipment we will check with you whether you would like to valet your skis/poles/snowboard overnight at either of our shops. Depending on which accommodation you are staying at, and your ability level, this will make things easier for you in the morning.
– You will then take boots, helmets, jackets, pants & gum boots back to your accommodation overnight. Your accommodation will have a boot room, meaning warmer boots the next day.
– In the morning you can walk to either of our shops in your snowboard boots or regular walking shoes (we recommend not to walk far in ski boots for comfort).
– If walking in regular shoes and carrying your ski boots you can then get changed into your ski boots at our shop. We can store your regular shoes during the day, or we also have lockers available.
– Your skies & poles or snowboard will be waiting for you with your name on.
– At the end of the day pop your skis/snowboard back on the rack, change back into your walking shoes, and walk back to your lodge carry your boots. This makes things much easier.
– Any children participating in Mini Mountaineers ski lessons (3-6 y/o) will have complimentary use of a locker (so their ski boots can be left with us overnight).
– For some accommodations it is easier to ski back there rather than use the Valet Service. Our team can advise you which will be easier.
– On your last day please return your equipment in-person inside one of our two shops.
Can I have a rest day during my equipment rental period and not pay for that day?
Our equipment pricing includes discounts for consecutive-day rental from the 4th day onward. It is therefore better to simply rent for the entire of your stay and take advantage of this pricing, even if you have a rest day and don’t use your equipment one day.
Do you have large size ski & snowboard boots?
Yes we have large sizes available.
We stock up to size 34(cm):
UK / Australia = ~14.5
US / Canada= ~16.0
Europe = ~50.0
We stock up to size 33(cm):
UK / Australia = ~14.0
US / Canada= ~15.5
Europe = ~49.0
Can I swap my equipment during my stay and is there a fee?
You are welcome to make one complimentary swap of equipment (same category) during your stay at no charge. E.g.
– From one set of powder skis to another set of powder skis.
– From skis to snowboard (and back again).
Any additional swaps will incur a ¥1,000 service fee.
Can I upgrade from regular to powder / performance equipment?
Yes you are welcome to upgrade from regular to powder / performance equipment for ¥1,000 per day. If you upgrade and then make additional swaps of different powder / performance equipment on following days the additional ¥1,000 service fee applies.
Is your equipment waxed and tuned?
Yes. We have expert equipment technicians and our equipment is kept in excellent condition. Skis & snowboards are waxed after every rental period, and are checked for any tuning requirements.
Should I bring my own equipment/boots or rent?
If you have your own well-fitting boots we recommend you bring them. Many guests find it more convenient to rent skis / snowboards instead of bringing their own. We have a comprehensive range of equipment selected for individual skiing / snowboarding styles, and to suit local snow conditions.
Do your shop staff speak English?
Yes. Our team are from many countries around the world including Japan, and our services are primarily offered in English.
Should I book in advance?
We recommend booking well-prior to your arrival to ensure availability, particularly from early January to mid-February.